Emmy Award Winning Producer, Debra Davis, creates groundbreaking media solutions at high profile events for broadcast, mobile, and IPTV. Debra specializes in television series, special events, festivals, live music, award shows and corporate entertainment, meetings and galas.
Some career highlights include:
- HARVEY CAN’T MESS WITH TEXAS - The largest live benefit concert in Texas, featuring performances by Willie Nelson, Paul Simon, James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt, Leon Bridges, Lyle Lovett, Edie Brickell, Ryan Bingham, and special guests. Learn More About The Benefit Concert
- EMMY AWARD for NBC's Olympics Broadcast featuring over 10,000 athletes from 197 nations.
- Twelve consecutive years producing the webcast and video for AUSTIN CITY LIMITS MUSIC FESTIVAL - LOLLAPALOOZA MUSIC FESTIVAL - AND STAGECOACH (the first major country festival to do a webcast, featuring the biggest names in country music).
- COACHELLA MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL – Twelve consecutive years of producing a three-channel webcast, featuring nearly 100 artists, streaming approximately 100 hours of live TV, including original story segments and artist interviews with host Jason Bentley.
- COACHELLA MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL - First ever 360 VR webcast.
- BONNAROO - OUTSIDE LANDS - AND VOODOO MUSIC FESTIVALS - Three consecutive years of producing the live webcast.
- DESERT TRIP - A two-weekend concert event featuring The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and The Who.
- SXSW 2017 - Videotaped feature speakers and panels and live webcast of Joe Biden and Garth Brooks.
- ALL ACCESS - Producer and Writer of a celebration of a women’s right to choose. Hosted by Jessica Williams, this show included performances from Sia, SNL star Leslie Jones, and Grammy winner Natalia Lafourcade.
- THE COSMOPOLITAN HOTEL AND CASINO'S Grand Opening and New Year's Eve Celebration with Jay-Z, Coldplay, Kanye West, John Mayer and Beyoncé.
- PETCASSO, ANIMAL ART FROM THE HEART - Conceived and created this fundraiser for Animal Trustees of Austin. For six consecutive years, this event raised 35 percent of their yearly operating funds.
- MTV-ASIA - Facilitated the start-up MTV-ASIA; living in Singapore and traveling Asia creating content for the channel.
- TONY AWARDS - Three consecutive CBS Broadcasts.
- WORLD’S LARGEST PEP RALLY - with Dave Matthews at West Point, for AT&T’s Blue Room.
- ROLLERGIRLS - A&E Reality series, 13 episodes.
- OUT OF THE BOX and AS THE BELL RINGS - Original children's series, for The Disney Channel.
- JAMMIN' ANIMALS - HBO Family.
- HARD ROCK LIVE - Multiple seasons of for VH-1; at its inception was the only live music series on television.
Nine Inch Nails, at the Staples Center • Warped Tour 15th Anniversary in Cinemas - two-hour concert feature film, shown in 450 theaters by NCM/Fathom • NBA Championship Half-time • Rock and Roll Hall of Fame • Dave Matthews In The Spotlight for PBS • Soap Opera Update Awards • Colm Wilkinson/Patti Lupone PBS Special • International Emmy Awards • Montreal Comedy Festival • Ford’s Theater Live Gala Fundraiser • Prodigy Live (300+ live commercials broadcast on nine networks)
As producer, director and writer for West Glen, Davis produced videos for over fifty clients. Some of Davis' meeting / business theater productions include ExxonMobil International mangers' (five-day meeting in Rome, Italy), the Marriott Manager's Meeting closing party featuring Grammy winner, Brian Setzer. Additionally, she has produced or directed numerous commercials, PSA's, special events and industrials.
The launching of MTV Asia in Singapore • Multiple travel videos for the Israel Tourist Board • Covering post-hurricane Jamaica • A beauty pageant in Brazil • Four consecutive years of Monte Carlo Circus • ExxonMobil International Mangers' meeting in Rome, Italy • Canada’s JUST FOR LAUGHES comedy festival in Montreal
The day after I graduated from Texas State, I moved to New York City in hopes of pursuing my passion. I quickly learned that if I wanted to work in television, I had to be quick, organized, resourceful, and have a ton of stamina. It was in this environment that I honed my craft. For the past three decades, I have been lucky enough to make a career out of doing what I love. Along the way there are several things I can say for sure:
- My greatest adrenaline rush is producing a live show.
- I am a storyteller, detail junkie, and a budget whiz kid.
- Creating solid processes and having a multitude of experience is the way to execute a flawless production.
- Success comes from building the right team. I have leveraged technical experts, artists, writers, designers, actors, strategists, movers and shakers, to help clients entertain, inspire, and connect with their audiences.
I have become a collector of frequent flyer miles while producing shows all over the US and the world, allowing me to see things, meet people and go places I could have never imaged.
Home base is in Austin, Texas where I live with my beloved dogs. My spare time is devoted to helping abused and abandoned animals, attending live theatre, and the occasional Netflix binge watch.